If you are fond of strategy games with intense graphics, sci-fi backgrounds, and powerful arms and ammunition, tower defense games are among the best options. These games have gained massive popularity in recent years, more so because of the range of features and functionalities available in different versions of the gameplay. They are also flexible enough to be accessed by several gadgets like PC, Xbox, MacOS, Android & iOS versions of smartphones, etc.
The game’s theme revolves around the idea of protecting the specific unit from the invasions of opponents. For this, the players need to build towers or turrets to create a defensive line to restrict the entry of enemies. Hence, the name tower defence game. Interestingly, the enemies differ in strengths and weaknesses. The players defending the location must determine what type of structure to be built to prevent the enemies and the area of that defensive structure.
Although this gaming concept has garnered massive popularity in mobile-based versions, other versions of this game are available on multiple platforms in multiple ways. Following are some of them with attributes that will blow away the minds of online gamers:
- They are billions: It stands out to be the best among the list of defend tower game because of the array of opportunities it provides to the players. By giving active unit control, players can add multiple instruments to their arsenal and actively participate in the decision-making part without sole dependence on AI. The hordes of enemies in this game are zombies against whom the series of combat must be conducted, further intensifying the gameplay. They are available on PC, PS4 & Xbox.
- The Riftbreaker: Next among the series of fast-paced multiplayer action series is the Riftbreaker which incorporates the third person element, allowing the player to see their characters on screen and control them in real-time. Players need to perform combat operations, manage resources and explore the battlefield all at the same time. Biomes being an integral part of survival gameplay, this game offers a variety of vibrant color combinations. The game is available on Android, PC, and Xbox series.
- Plants vs. Zombies: It has remained a classic in the genre of survival games mainly because of its intriguing game content and the aesthetic modes of gameplay. The Hilarious setting of this game is its USP and the dynamic environment, which keeps on revealing new layers of surprises at regular intervals. The game is available on Android, Vita, iOS, and PC.
- Creeper World 4: Creep, the lead antagonist of this game, contributes to the most innovative feature of the game because its uniqueness lies in the fact that it oozes out in the form of a liquid-like entity. Players are involved in creating combat towers of defense and actively utilize the comprehensive resources and logistics to supply essentials at the war front. The game has the potential to challenge veteran tower defense enthusiasts.
- Bloons TD 6: A most standardized form of tower defense game is Bloons TD 6, which might catch the players off-guard by its disarming and cutesy art style. It provides a platform to play around with different types of tower building and defense strategies. Available on Android, iOS, and PC, this game might be considered the most underrated version of tower defense games, but it can hook you to keep returning to its platform.
Mobile tower games are preferable for many players because they allow them to place and update the defensive structures easily. They also allow in-app purchases to let the players add to their progress level.